BREAKING NEWS

[5]

LIVE IN CHRIST,DIE IN CHRIST AND FLESH NEED NOT FEAR DEATH.

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."
 --James 4:14
I sometimes wonder, when I hear of sudden fatalities, if the victims were prepared for death. Every day we hear of such happenings. People who in an instant of time are transferred from this life to the next. The Bible has much to say about the brevity of life and the necessity of preparing for eternity.

The Christian knows he has eternal life, "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life" (1 John 5:ll-12).

Those who do not have Jesus Christ in their hearts will spend eternity separated from God.

Is Your House in Order?
If we accept that someday, sooner or later, we are going
to face death, should we be making preparations while we are living?

Hezekiah, a king of Israel, was a very sick man when Isaiah the prophet went to him and said, "Put your house in order, because you are going to die" (Isaiah 38:l).

We are told to "Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:15-16).

If we knew this was our last day on earth, what opportunities would we use? Call a friend who was hurting? Say "I'm sorry" to someone we've slighted? Encourage a young person who was struggling with a school or job? Tell our husband or wife, parents or children, how much we love them? Most important, would we tell someone about Jesus Christ and how they could have eternal life through Him? How would we spend those final twenty-four hours?

Because Christ rose from the dead, we know that sin and death and Satan have been defeated. Because Christ rose from the dead, we know there is life after death, and that if we belong to Him we need not fear death. Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will
never die" (John 11:25-26).

Heaven is our eternal home.
Jesus said, "I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go . . . I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am" (John 14:2-3).

All of us must prepare to meet God while we are still living. Someday everyone will stand before His throne and give an account of himself or herself. The saddest words I can ever imagine would be to hear the Lord say, " I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity." " (Matthew 7:23)

I trust Jesus with my eternal tomorrows and know that He will solve all of the questions we have now.

Are you ready?
 I know that I am prepared to meet the Master, not because of preaching or books, but because one day, many years ago, I confessed my sins and asked the Lord to come into my life and make of me what He wanted.

THE INVITATION IS TO:
REPENT (turn from your sins) and by faith RECEIVE Jesus Christ into your heart and life and follow Him in obedience as your Lord and Savior.
PRAYER OF COMMITMENT
"Lord Jesus, I know 1 am a sinner. 1 believe You died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I receive You as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me now.
 Amen."

Extracted from book Hope for the Troubled Heart  by Evangelist Billy Graham
LIVE IN CHRIST,DIE IN CHRIST AND FLESH NEED NOT FEAR DEATH. LIVE IN CHRIST,DIE IN CHRIST AND FLESH NEED NOT FEAR DEATH. Reviewed by Unknown on 5:20 AM Rating: 5

Sora Templates